Las Olas Beach
Located a few steps from the trendy restaurants and shops of famed Las Olas Avenue, Las Olas Beach feels like a small beach with calm waters and a family-friendly environment during the day. In the evening, things become a bit more lively atmosphere as the nightlife crowd on Las Olas Avenue heats up. In addition to chair and umbrella rentals, you can also rent water sports equipment.
Things to Know Before You Go
The beach has public restrooms.
Alcohol and loud music aren’t permitted at this beach.
Chairs and umbrellas rent for about $12 and $20 per day, respectively.
How to Get There
Las Olas Beach is located about 1 mile east of downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida. You can reach the beach by taking either the No. 11 or 40 bus right to Las Olas Beach. Public parking is available, but spaces can be limited during busier times of the day.
When to Get There
Las Olas Beach is open 24 hours a day throughout the year. If you’re seeking a quieter experience, time your visit for earlier in the morning; a more lively beach scene typically kicks off in the afternoon and early evening, and there’s often a party atmosphere on weekends.
Try a Water Taxi
One of the most interesting ways to get around this area of Fort Lauderdale is by water taxi. You can take a water taxi from Las Olas around Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, hitting up shops, hotels, restaurants, and major attractions, with a narrated tour along the way.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Jungle Queen Riverboat
- Intracoastal Waterway Fort Lauderdale
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Las Olas Boulevard
- Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Beachfront
- Historic Stranahan House Museum
- Port Everglades
- NSU Art Museum
- Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum
- Museum of Discovery and Science
- Dania Beach Pier
- Hollywood Beach
- Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood Florida
- Butterfly World