The Cliffs of Moher are among Ireland's most dramatic sights, towering over 700 feet (214 meters) high and stretching for 5 miles (8 km) along the coast. Galway is an obvious starting point for a visit—here are your options for trips to the cliffs.
Galway Arts Centre
Set in an 1840s brick townhouse on Dominick Street, the Galway Arts Centre is one of the city’s principal art establishments. The townhouse was once famously home to Lady Augusta Gregory, patron of the arts and co-founder of the Abbey Theatre in Dublin. In addition to art exhibitions, photography classes, and literary readings, this landmark is also home of the Galway Youth Theatre and a popular venue for live music.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Galway Arts Centre is a must-see attraction for travelers that are passionate about visual art, writing, photography, and music.
- Educational opportunities vary from spoken word workshops to fiction writing; check the centre’s website for up-to-date information on classes.
- The centre hosts the annual Cuirt International Festival of Literature with seven days of events every April.
How to Get There
The Galway Arts Centre is located in the heart of Galway City at 47 Dominick Street. It is within walking distance of several other top city landmarks including Eyre Square and the Galway City Museum. To reach the centre via public transportation, take the local bus to the Spanish Arch stop and continue on foot.
When to Get There
Open from Monday through Saturday, the Galway Arts Centre is free and open to the public. The centre is particularly busy in April for the Cuirt International Festival of Literature, but the calendar is full of workshops and events year-round. To avoid crowds, visit on a weekday vs. a Saturday.
Sign up for a Master Class
In addition to classes and workshops that are held over several weeks and mainly designed for local residents, the Galway Arts Centre also offers one-off classes. During a visit to Galway sign up for a class to learn about creative writing, improv, mosaics, or painting.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Galway Arts Centre?
What else should I know about attractions in Galway?
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Dingle
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Kenmare
- Things to do in Cobh
- Things to do in Dublin
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in West Midlands