Lion Habitat Ranch
The habitat is about 20 minutes south of the Strip, close enough to fit in a visit during your time in Las Vegas. With a general admission ticket, you’ll get up-close views of the lions in their enclosures, as well as other animals such as giraffes, ostriches, and birds. Options to feed a giraffe or lion or take a behind-the-scenes tour are also available.
Recent reviews from experiences in Las Vegas
Things to know before you go
- This is an outdoor attraction, so make sure to wear sun protection.
- Lion Habitat Ranch closes during inclement weather; if there are heavy rains before you plan to go, call to make sure the habitat is open.
- Parking is available on-site.
How to get there
Lion Habitat Ranch is located on Bruner Avenue in the town of Henderson, just east of Interstate 15, about 13 miles (21 kilometers) south of the Bellagio at the heart of the Strip.
When to get there
The habitat is only open for a few hours a day Thursday through Monday; the last entry is in the early afternoon.
For a more in-depth look at the operations of Lion Habitat Ranch, book the 90-minute behind-the-scenes tour to explore the property with a trainer. Watch the staff as they bathe, feed, and water the animals, and hand-feed the giraffe, if you wish.
- Las Vegas Sky Zone
- Carroll Shelby Museum
- Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Luxor Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Excalibur Hotel & Casino
- Casino at the Tropicana Las Vegas
- New York - New York Hotel & Casino
- MGM Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Park MGM Las Vegas
- Las Vegas CityCenter