Gospel Tours in New York City
The melodies of gospel, a music genre with a deep connection to African-American religious and cultural traditions, fill the Sunday air in New York City areas like Harlem. Here are a few activities you might experience on one of NYC's gospel tours.
Combine a stirring visit to Harlem for a gospel church service with a tasty soul-food brunch at a local eatery.
Discover Harlem's political, artistic, and cultural legacy as told through historic landmarks like the Apollo Theater, the Cotton Club, and Hotel Theresa.
Admire the elegant architecture of Harlem's stately brownstone apartments and the spires of its numerous churches.
Learn about iconic Harlem figures including Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., and Duke Ellington.
Join a lifelong Harlem resident for a multimedia-based walking tour of the vibrant neighborhood.
Compare the New York gospel scenes in Harlem and Brooklyn during a tour visiting the Brooklyn Tabernacle and Plymouth Church.
7 Tours and Activities
- Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July in New York City
- New York City Walking Tours for Foodies
- New York City for Foodies
- How to Find the Best Pizza in New York City
- Ice Skating in New York City
- Ways to Celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve in New York City
- Things to Do in New York City This Winter
- Gospel Tours in New York City