Easily accessible from Orlando, the subtropical Florida Everglades offer a change of pace from the theme parks of Orlando. Combine an airboat safari through the wildlife-rich wilderness with other nearby sights for a full-day experience—here’s how.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando
It is open daily from 9 a.m. to midnight.
8201 International Drive, Orlando
Also known as the "Odditorium," this building—designed to look like it’s falling into a sinkhole—is spread out across 16 galleries that visitors can explore at their leisure, with everything from oddities to optical illusions. There’s also a small gift shop selling funky souvenirs. You can prebook your admission online to save money and Eat and Play card-bearers get discounted admission.
Things to know before you go
- Visitors are welcome to take photographs and video.
- The museum is entirely wheelchair accessible.
- Some of the exhibits on display may be frightening for smaller children.
How to get there
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando is located in a strip mall (with lots of parking) on International Drive, just off Interstate 84. It's right next to the giant Wheel at ICON Park and a few minutes’ walk from Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf. Universal Studios is about a 10-minute drive away, while the parks at Walt Disney® World take 15–20 minutes to reach. The 38 bus from Lynx Central Station stops at International Drive and Jamaican Court, a 2-minute walk from Ripley’s.
When to get there
Ripley’s is open every day of the year, from morning until the wee hours of the night (although the last entry is an hour before closing). Kids tend to come during the day, while adults might be more inclined to stop by later at night for a fun post-bar visit with fewer crowds.
There are a ton of Orlando attractions in the immediate area surrounding Ripley’s, many of which are particularly appealing to those in need of a break from theme parks. Popular options include The Escape Game Orlando just next door, where guests have to solve clues to escape, and Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, dedicated to the most famous ocean liner in history.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando?
What else should I know about attractions in Orlando?
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Georgia
- Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Icon Orlando 360
- The Wheel at Icon Park
- SEA LIFE® Orlando
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- WonderWorks Orlando
- Universal’s Volcano Bay
- International Drive
- I-Drive NASCAR Indoor Kart Racing
- Universal CityWalk
- Universal Studios Florida
- Hard Rock Cafe Orlando
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Orlando International Premium Outlets
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter