Palace of Versailles
Formerly a humble hunting lodge, the Palace of Versailles (Chateau de Versailles) is the extravagant creation of Louis XIV, also known as the Sun King. Embellished to epitomize royal decadence (the inequality of which tindered the French Revolution), Versailles features 700 rooms replete with frescoed ceilings and carvings, plus the Versailles Gardens (Jardins de Versailles), which brim with geometrically designed walkways and fountains. No visit to France is complete without experiencing the grandeur.
Ways to experience Palace of Versailles
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Palace of Versailles hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Palace of Versailles?
- Versailles Palace Priority Access Guided Tour Optional Show & Pickup from Paris
- Versailles Palace Guided Tour with Gardens & Fountains Show from Paris
- Giverny's House & Gardens plus Versailles Palace Day Trip with Lunch from Paris
- Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace & Gardens from Paris with Optional Fountain Show
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Versailles
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy