This incredible boardwalk winds along the Samana Bay, where tourists, locals, artists and musicians gather to relax near the shoreline and take in epic views of Dominican Republic’s striking blue horizon. Lively outdoor cafes serving strong brews and local cuisine, as well as interesting shops selling handmade items, line this strip that’s a popular destination for travelers to Samana.
Whether it’s taking a morning seaside stroll along sandy palm-lined beaches, stopping by the iconic Cayenas del Mar Beach Club for an afternoon drink, fishing the pier or touring the famous La Churcha of Samana, a trip to Maleon offers more than just a chance to check out the bay.
The Malecon is worth a trip any time of year, but harvest festivals are an age-old tradition that travelers can experience most Friday nights between late August and October—making this the perfect time to visit.
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in Punta Cana
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Oranjestad
- Things to do in Kralendijk
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in St John's
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast