Top San Francisco Helicopter Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
A helicopter tour offers a one-of-a-kind perspective of San Francisco, taking in sights such as AT&T Park, Coit Tower at the top of Telegraph Hill, and the Financial District with its famous Transamerica Pyramid. Here are some highlights of helicopter tours in San Francisco.
- See San Francisco Bay Area landmarks including the Ferry Building, Alcatraz Island, the Bay Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge from the air.
- Opt for a VIP flight from San Francisco to the Napa Valley for a truly unique treat that includes landing in a vineyard for a wine-tasting experience.
- Fly north of the city to take in the Marin Headlands and California's craggy Pacific coastline, plus the artist town of Sausalito and the former immigration station of Angel Island, the “Ellis Island of the West.”
- Choose a combo tour that offers a helicopter ride plus a visit to the notorious former prison known as The Rock: Alcatraz Island.
10 results | All San Francisco Tours
Fly in a helicopter over San Francisco's most famous landmarks on this scenic tour. Fly over the city's neighborhoods, then head for Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Continue towards Angel Island and the Marin Headlands while you enjoy choreographed musical accompaniment and informative commentary from your expert pilot.
Take to the sky and soar over San Francisco on an exhilarating helicopter tour. During the flight, get an unbeatable perspective of iconic attractions like Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge, the Embarcadero, the city’s famous hills, and the San Francisco Bay. During suitable weather conditions, experience the thrill of flying under the Golden Gate Bridge.
Bypass the line and head directly to the gate with your prebooked tickets. This sunset cruise takes you across San Francisco Bay with outstanding views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz Island. Relax while background music sets the tone. Watch the sunset or select a twilight cruise during winter months.
Sail across San Francisco Bay at twilight to admire the city skyline as it begins to light up for the night. With an experienced captain at the helm, you’ll glide past Alcatraz Island and cruise underneath the Golden Gate Bridge.
Get a bird’s-eye view of San Francisco on this helicopter tour to Sausalito, including a gourmet lunch and return ferry ride to the city. Admire the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island as you soar across the bay on your 20-minute flight. After arriving in Sausalito, enjoy lunch at a delicious Italian spot. Then take your time exploring the galleries and boutiques in town before hopping aboard a ferry back to San Francisco.
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
Enjoy epic aerial views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz, among other city highlights, on this 1-hour guided air tour. Fly from the suburb of Hayward in a Cessna with a pilot/guide at the helm, who will fill you in on the history and culture of the city through guided commentary in English or Spanish.
See the sights of San Francisco Bay from above on an air tour from the Hayward airport. As you fly through the sky on a 3-passenger plane with an experienced pilot, look down on attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and downtown San Francisco.
Gain admission to the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco, located at Pier 39 between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Alcatraz ferry landing. A general admission ticket provides direct access to all of the aquarium’s main exhibit areas, which house more than 20,000 sea creatures. Learn what is typically found in San Francisco Bay and the nearby Pacific, including sharks, river otters, and even octopuses. The aquarium features interactive exhibits, as well as walk-through glass tunnels where schools of anchovies and fluorescent jellyfish swim overhead and around you.
On this San Francisco bridge cruise, get an up-close look at the city’s two engineering marvels—the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge—as you travel across San Francisco Bay. See major city sights like Alcatraz, Coit Tower, and the Ferry Building, and listen to recorded commentary about the city's legendary architecture while you glide under both bridges.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Helicopter Tours in San Francisco?
The best Helicopter Tours in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Helicopter Tours in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
Helicopter Tours in San Francisco that are 1 hour or less are:
What Helicopter Tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Helicopter Tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Air Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Water
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Grace Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Sausalito Vista Point Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Zoo Tours & Tickets
- Crissy Field Tours & Tickets
- Madame Tussauds San Francisco Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Playhouse Tours & Tickets
- War Memorial Opera House Tours & Tickets
- Beat Museum Tours & Tickets
- Pier 39 Tours & Tickets
- Davies Symphony Hall Tours & Tickets
- Sea Cliff Tours & Tickets
- Vesuvio Cafe Tours & Tickets
- Civic Center Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Japantown Tours & Tickets
- Marrakech Magic Theater Tours & Tickets
- Fisherman's Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Mission Dolores Park Tours & Tickets
- Ghirardelli Square Tours & Tickets
- Marin Headlands Tours & Tickets
- Grateful Dead House Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito