9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Leave Arras to trace the fates of Canadian soldiers on World War I’s Somme battlefields on this private day trip. With an expert guide providing in-depth commentary, visit Vimy to experience the tunnels and trenches of the famous Canadian offensive in April 1917. Walk around the Canadian Cemetery No 2 and Courcelette Memorial, and pay tribute to the lost at the Thiepval Memorial and Beaumont Hamel Newfoundland Memorial Park, where a 1916 attack by the Newfoundland Regiment saw terrible losses. Air-conditioned transport, entrance fees and a light lunch are included.
- Full-day private tour of Canadian WWI Somme battlefields from Arras, with an expert guide
- Explore the dugouts of Vimy, where Canadian soldiers stormed the Germans in April 1917
- Pause to reflect at the Canadian Cemetery No 2, Courcelette Memorial and Thiepval Memorial
- Stop for an included light lunch and drink
- Visit Beaumont Hamel Newfoundland Memorial Park, a battle site left largely untouched from 1918
- Learn about the Newfoundland Regiment’s tragic advance here in July 1916
- Enjoy the undivided attention of a private guide, with personalized commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off possible at the train station only 50 minutes away from Paris.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum two adults per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Full-Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingArrasBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisFull-day Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisCategory