Are you interested in?
Ghost & Vampire Tours
21 Tours & Activities
Art & Culture
88 Tours & Activities
22 Tours & Activities
45 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Discover the spookier side of Charleston’s history on this haunted tour of the Old City Jail. With an expert guide, learn about some of Charleston’s most notorious criminals, pirates and despicable characters like Lavinia and John Fisher, 19th-century hoteliers who allegedly poisoned their guests. Visit eerie spaces such as prisoner cells, hallways and locations where criminals died. Brace yourself for a possible ghostly apparition!
- Spooky ghost tour of Old City Jail
- Hear about notorious prisoners rumored to still haunt the prison
- Explore behind-the-scenes locations with an informative guide
- Learn about life and colorful characters in 19th-century Charleston
- Entrance fees included
Saved to wishlist!
Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Guided Walking Tour
Admission to Old City Jail in Charleston
45min Behind-The-Scenes Guided Tour of Old City Jail
Experience the jail that housed some of Charleston’s most infamous criminals & 19th-century pirates
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure Point21 Magazine St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bulldog Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Walking Tour with Admission to Old City Jail?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Walking Tour with Admission to Old City Jail?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Walking Tour with Admission to Old City Jail?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Charleston Haunted Jail Night-Time Walking Tour with Admission to Old City Jail?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 23272P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Night ToursGhost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingCharlestonNight Tours - South CarolinaGhost & Vampire Tours - South CarolinaWalking Tours - South CarolinaNight Tours - SavannahGhost & Vampire Tours - SavannahWalking Tours - SavannahNight Tours - JacksonvilleGhost & Vampire Tours - JacksonvilleWalking Tours - JacksonvilleCategory
The Battery and White Point GardenCharleston MuseumDrayton HallGibbes Museum of ArtAiken-Rhett HouseMiddleton PlacePatriots Point Naval & Maritime MuseumCharleston City MarketSt. Michael's ChurchCircular Congregational ChurchArthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge (Cooper River Bridge)Old Exchange & Provost DungeonMagnolia Plantation and GardensEdmondston-Alston HouseAiken-Rhett House