3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn about the 1916 Easter Rising in the places where it happened, around Dublin city. With a private local guide, you’ll hear the insights that you won’t find in the history books, and take your understanding of the events to the next level. Check out sites like the Kilmainham Gaol, away from the main tourist trail, on a tour that covers this important Dublin history.
- Learn about the General Post Office GPO, and its role as a headquarters
- Focus on the events of the 1916 Easter Rising that interest you most
- Avoid feeling rushed on a private tour that suits the needs of your group
- Enjoy the freedom to ask more questions with a guide dedicated to you
Saved to wishlist!
CO2 Neutral: all tours carbon emissions are offset
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Entrance to attractions not included
Departure & Return
Custom House Quay, North Dock, Dublin, Ireland
Host will meet you at Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship.
Inchicore Rd, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, D08 RK28, Ireland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Private tour: only you & your local guide
- CO2 Neutral: all tours carbon emissions are offset
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Withlocals
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The History of Dublin: 1916 Easter Rising Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during The History of Dublin: 1916 Easter Rising Private Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The History of Dublin: 1916 Easter Rising Private Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Understanding Irish history is a must to fully appreciate the city." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
The History of Dublin: 1916 Easter Rising Private Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDublinWalking Tours - BelfastHistorical Tours - BelfastHalf-day Tours - BelfastWalking Tours - LimerickHistorical Tours - LimerickHalf-day Tours - LimerickWalking Tours - GalwayHistorical Tours - GalwayHalf-day Tours - GalwayCategory
GAA Museum Tours & TicketsEpic the Irish Emigration Museum (EPIC) Tours & TicketsMolly Malone Statue Tours & TicketsDublin Writers Museum Tours & TicketsLittle Museum of Dublin Tours & TicketsRiver Liffey Tours & TicketsIrish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA) Tours & TicketsDublin City Gallery the Hugh Lane Tours & TicketsIrish Whiskey Museum Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Ireland - Archaeology Tours & TicketsO’Connell Bridge Tours & TicketsJames Joyce Centre Tours & TicketsChester Beatty Library Tours & TicketsNational Gallery of Ireland Tours & TicketsWicklow Gaol Tours & TicketsDublin Zoo Tours & TicketsMalahide Castle and Gardens Tours & TicketsCastletown House Tours & TicketsGlendalough Tours & TicketsKilmainham Gaol Tours & Tickets