- Tour to Iximché and Antigua from Guatemala City
- Visit the archeological site of Iximché, the first capital of Guatemala
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the Spanish colonial city of Antigua
- Hear about the city’s history from your expert guide as you visit La Merced Church, Calle del Arco, Central Plaza, San Francisco Church and more
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees are included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Your friendly guide will meet you at your Guatemala City hotel and transport you northwest of the city, where you’ll stop at Iximche—Mayan ruins located in the dusty town of Tecpan. You’ll explore the famous archeological site with your knowledgeable guide, who will take you past ceremonial plazas, towering temples and ancient ball courts. Many of the sites you’ll see date back as far as 1400 BC.
Spend a couple of hours exploring the grounds before heading to Antigua, about an hour away. You’ll drive in air-conditioned comfort through scenic countryside and arrive at this incredible colonial city lined with picturesque cobblestone streets. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) and then walk to Central Plaza with your guide. Hear stories about San Francisco Church, where the shrine of Peter of St Joseph Betancur is located. Explore the stunning ruins of Santo Domingo Monastery—one of the most picturesque sites in town.
Follow your guide to the arch of Santa Catalina—one of the city’s most recognizable landmarks—and learn about the Santa Catalina Convent that was once stationed here. After you’ve wandered the cobblestone streets near this iconic tour stop, head to the Baroque-style La Merced Church and then make your way to the Jade Museum, where you’ll find local craftsmen carving this beautiful green stone.
Once you’ve had your fill of history and culture, make your way back to your Guatemala City hotel in air-conditioned comfort.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff