9 to 12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore the Canadian World War I battlefields of France and Belgium on a private full-day tour from Lille or Arras. Witness the preserved tunnels and trenches of Vimy, where Canadian troops stormed German forces in April 1917. Learn about the Canadian assault and visit the Hill 145 memorial. After lunch, see some key Belgian WWI sites including the St Julien Memorial and Tyne Cot Cemetery, and attend Ypres’ Last Post Ceremony. The itinerary is flexible, so inform your guide if there’s anything you want to see more or less of.
- Private day trip to Vimy and Belgium’s Canadian WWI sites from Lille and Arras, with air-conditioned transport
- Walk in Vimy’s trenches and tunnels and visit Hill 145, the scene of a famous 1917 Canadian offensive
- Savor an included lunch and continue to Belgium’s WWI battle sites
- See the St Julien Canadian Memorial on the site of the first German gas attacks
- Visit the Tyne Cot Cemetery and spot where John McRae wrote ‘In Flanders Fields’
- Attend the moving Last Post Ceremony at Ypres’ monumental Menin Gate
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary with personalized attention from a private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off in Lille or Arras
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up at all central hotels or at the train station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Vimy and Flanders Fields Canadian Battlefield Tour from Lille?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Vimy and Flanders Fields Canadian Battlefield Tour from Lille?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Vimy and Flanders Fields Canadian Battlefield Tour from Lille?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Vimy and Flanders Fields Canadian Battlefield Tour from Lille?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Vimy and Flanders Fields Canadian Battlefield Tour from Lille
9 to 12 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLilleBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisFull-day Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisBus Tours - BrugesHistorical Tours - BrugesFull-day Tours - BrugesBus Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsFull-day Tours - BrusselsCategory
Maison Folie Hospice d'Havré Tours & TicketsBondues Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance) Tours & TicketsLa Piscine Museum (Musée d'Art et d’Industrie André Diligent) Tours & TicketsLille Natural History Museum (Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Lille) Tours & TicketsVilla Cavrois Tours & TicketsLe Fresnoy National Studio for Contemporary Arts (Le Fresnoy Studio National des Arts Contemporains) Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Gunners in Lille (Musée des Canonniers Sédentaires de Lille) Tours & TicketsLille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art (LAM) Tours & TicketsScience Forum (Forum Departmental Des Sciences) Tours & TicketsLa Manufacture de Roubaix Tours & TicketsAqualud Tours & Tickets