- 8-hour tour of Downton Abbey filming locations from central London
- Guided walking tour of Bampton, the filming location for Downton Village
- 3 hours for a self-guided tour at Highclere Castle
- Learn behind-the-scenes facts and anecdotes from your guide
Departure & Return
Please arrive at least 10 minutes early at your meeting point as the tour will leave promptly. The meeting point is at Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly, Circle and District Lines). A guide will be waiting for you next to the station exit outside the flower shop (Flowers Inc).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
With your fellow Downton Abbey fans, board the bus and listen to your guide's commentary about the show's making and behind-the-scenes facts. Watch the scenery out the window as you journey through Oxfordshire to the village of Bampton, which stands in as Downton Village in the show. See familiar sights such as Matthew's house, the post office, and the church during a guided walking tour.
Back on the bus, head for Highclere Castle, where you will be provided with a self-guide leaflet to inform you during your three hours of free time. There are places to buy lunch and souvenirs at the castle.
Return to central London for drop-off at the end of the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Brit Movie Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "This was a great tour and well worth the time and money." See review