Explore our promoted experiences
- London walking tour of Westminster including a visit to the Churchill War Rooms
- Learn about London during WWII and the dark days of the so-called 'Blitz'
- Explore Westminster and see sights such as Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Visit Churchill Museum inside the Churchill War Rooms at your own pace
- Enjoy an audio tour of the underground war rooms and hear recordings of Churchill’s rousing speeches
Departure & Return
Westminster Tube; please follow the signs for Exit 2 Victoria Embankment and then take the stairs up to street level to Victoria Embankment. The group will be meeting at the top of the stairs behind the statue of Boadicea on a chariot.
Churchill War Rooms
What To Expect
Marvel at iconic London attractions like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, and 10 Downing Street, and then capture photographs beside a statue of deceased British prime minister, Winston Churchill.
Bid your erudite guide a fond farewell and descend into the Churchill War Rooms to explore the underground labyrinth independently. Pop in your audio guide to hear of how the network served as hastily constructed government offices during World War II; listen to audio recordings of Churchill’s inspiring wartime speeches and delve into every aspect of his life as you explore the Churchill Museum.
Next, navigate the underground maze of the war rooms and hear of top-secret conversations that changed the course of history. After enjoying the war rooms for as long as you like, return to sea level and continue exploring London at your own pace.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Unable to accommodated strollers and baby carriages
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders UK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "The Churchill War Rooms are a must for anyone visiting London to see." See review
- "I would recommend this tour for those visitors that enjoy history." See review
- "Highly recommended for anyone interested in WWII history, Winston Churchill and even the basis of a lot of history surrounding parliament’s beginnings." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews