- Guided day trip to the Champagne region, with round-trip transport from Paris
- Visit Épernay's cellars under the Avenue de Champagne
- Explore the town of Hautvillers on foot
- Tour and tasting at a private, family-run Champagne estate
Departure & Return
Meeting Point: On the steps in front of the Opera Bastille. Your guide will be waiting for you on the steps holding a sign. Arriving by metro: Take metro lines 1, 5 or 8 and get off at Bastille. Follow exit signs to Opera Bastille, exit number 3. As you exit, go up the stairs and the Opera is the modern building immediately behind you. Look right, and you will see a tall flight of steps leading up to the main entrance.
What To Expect
Make your first stop in the picturesque town of Épernay, home to the the most expensive avenue in the world, the Avenue de Champagne, due to the expensive bottles stored in its underground cellars and visit the ultra-sleek Nicolas Feuillatte House.
After your first Champagne tasting, spend some free time in Épernay; get a lunch spot suggestion from your guide or just wander down the streets lined with stately mansions.
Back on the bus, travel down the scenic Route de Champagne, bound for Hautvillers. Once there, disembark for a guided tour of the village, known as the birthplace of Champagne and the home of a monk named Dom Pérignon. See the Benedictine abbey where he lived and invented the drink at the heart of your tour, as well as his tomb in the local church.
Continue to a family-run boutique estate for a tour of the rolling vineyards and the candle-lit cellars. Learn about the Champagne-making process and taste three different Champagnes produced on the grounds, also home to Veuve Clicquot’s private chateau.
After your tasting of the sublime bubbles, board your climate-controlled coach for the return trip to Paris.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant below 3 years old are not allowed ont his tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience