- Paris street art walking tour
- Explore the area of Belleville, the center of Paris' urban art scene
- Learn the stories behind some of the artists and their works
- Experience a piece of Paris that many visitors miss
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet in front of the shop called "Liane." Metro Belleville (M2, M11), sortie 1.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
This is an especially great tour for kids and teenagers who may be tired of the museums, as the colorful art that decorates these streets shows you a different piece of the city. Learn about how French singer Edith Piaf grew up in this neighborhood, and how in the 1980s, many Parisian musicians and artists moved here for the lower rents. This turned the neighborhood into an artist enclave, as industrial buildings were converted into studios and Belleville became the heart of Paris’ urban art movement.
Learn about the artists and see their work, such as Jérome Ménager’s wall fresco and the mosaic tiles by the artist known as Space Invader. Think about the differences in the works, from beautiful to funny to political. This is a leisurely paced walk, and you may just spot artists at work in front of your eyes. Each tour is different, as the canvas is ever-changing, and you are encouraged to express how you feel about the pieces, whether they’re truly art or a form of destruction—it’s your opinion.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Meeting the French
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to divert from the usual art experience in Paris and take a look at the art of expression on the streets." See review