Explore our promoted experiences
- Versailles day trip from Paris with round-trip train transport
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles, with an audio guide included
- Tour the spectacular Versailles Gardens with your expert guide and explore the Palace of Versailles at your leisure
- Watch the famous Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show on select days in summer
- Group is limited to 20 people, ensuring a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
This tour meets in Paris, in a small park/clearing on Avenue Emile Zola opposite a café named "Café Regalia". The closest métro station is Javel-André Citroën (line 10). Use exit 1 (sortie 1, right side). Your guide will be wearing a Fat Tire Tours t-shirt and holding a sign.
This tour concludes in Versailles and guests are welcome to stay in Versailles until closing. They may also return to central Paris with their guide. Roundtrip train tickets to/from Paris are included in the cost of the tour.
What To Expect
The gardens and forests of Versailles span 1,976 acres (800 hectares), and are crisscrossed by a network of picturesque trails and tree-lined paths. Follow your guide on a 2-hour walking tour of the grounds, and learn about the palace’s history, the royal family including Marie Antoinette, and the French Revolution.
If you’re here during the summer, make sure to check out the spectacular Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show that takes places on select days (included with your tour). See below for more details.
Next, make your way to the Palace of Versailles, where your guide bids you farewell and gives you your skip-the-line entrance ticket, audio guide and return train ticket. Stroll past the entrance lines and enter the palace immediately.
See the King's State Apartments and Chapel, and walk through the unforgettable Hall of Mirrors, where the treaty ending WWI was signed. Your audio-guide takes you around the highlights of the palace and provides historical background.
Take as much as you’d like to discover the sprawling palace. When you’re ready to leave Versailles, hop on the train to Paris with your provided train ticket.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The guided part of the tour is approximately 2 hours. The length of time you spend exploring the Palace and Gardens independently is up to you.
- Dress accordingly to the weather with appropriate shoes.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fat Tire Tours - Paris
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Our advice is that don't lose the map because it has the golf cart route and is different than the walking tour map." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews