Explore our promoted experiences
- See Caravaggio’s St Francis in Meditation painting in the Capuchin Crypt Museum
- Learn about the Capuchin monks who used human bones to build and decorate their crypt
- Head inside the Basilica San Martino ai Monti, adorned with frescoes, and see the Chapel of Our Lady of Carme
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In Piazza Barberini, at the Tritone fountain located at centre of the square.
What To Expect
Descend into the chill of Rome’s mysterious underworld with Skip-the-Line access to three of the city’s strangest discoveries.
Unmask a new side to the Eternal City as you explore the eerie Bone Chapel, adorned with the bones of 4,000 Capuchin monks, and the Christian Catacombs, a series of hidden tunnels where early Christian’s practiced their forbidden faith.
Then travel beneath the Basilica San Martino ai Monti to discover layers of ancient foundations offering an insight to civilizations long fallen.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required for entry into some of the sites on this tour. Knees and shoulders must be covered
- No photos can be taken inside the venue during the tour
- Please note this tour involves a fair amount of walking, as well as a large number of stairs, comfortable shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This activity is not suitable for people who suffer from claustrophobia
- Please note that the visit to the Basilica of San Clemente will be replaced by a visit to the Basilica of San Martino Ai Monti until further notice.
- All customers will need to wear a FFP2 mask throughout the bus journey.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for those who are effected by claustrophobia
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "There is a good amount of walking involved so if you have mobility issues, beware." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews