Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore North Beach/Little Italy's Foods & History
- Culinary history of San Francisco
- Taste samples of fresh food at local bakeries and delis
- Enjoy coffee drinks, teas, Italian sodas and more, while experiencing San Francisco’s coffee culture
- Explore the Beat Generation Hangouts
- Close to Public Transportation & Affordable Parking
Departure & Return
We meet at the corner at of Columbus Avenue and Green Street at 480 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133 (the same corner as the Bank of the West). It is across the street from the Bank of America. Please arrive on time, we will not be able to accommodate late arrivals.
What To Expect
Stroll past cute shops, bustling Italian restaurants and family-run cafes, and stop to chat with business owners and enjoy samples of the neighborhood’s heavenly delights. Taste coffee, olive oil, specialty meats, bread and maybe even coveted truffles. Learn how some foods are made, watch bread being kneaded and see where coffee beans are roasted.
You’ll also hear about San Francisco’s rich culinary history during this half-day tour, which has won accolades as one of the city’s best tours from outlets like the San Francisco Bay Guardian and Lonely Planet.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Same day reservations available
- ATTENTION: Each Youth or Child registration requires an Adult registration
- Proof of vaccination is required on all tours. Masks may be required in some stops.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Local Tastes of the City Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I always go on walking food tours in a new city as it's a great way to get a feel for the city and it's food, as well as recommendations on where to eat the rest of my stay." See review
- "A must do activity if you’re new to the area and want to know where the good eats are!" See review
- "We loved the food tasting with delicious pizza at the end, well worth the money." See review