Explore our promoted experiences
- One-way or round-trip ferry service from San Francisco to Sausalito or Tiburon
- Skip the box office line and go straight to the gate with your ticket!
- Soak in views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge on your scenic ferry ride
- Browse art galleries, boutiques, specialty shops and museums on a self-guided tour
- Enjoy a meal at a lovely waterfront restaurant offering stunning views of the San Francisco Bay
- Multiple departure times give you the flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Drinks and snacks available for purchase on board
Departure & Return
San Francisco Departure: Pier 41/Ferry Building on Fisherman's Wharf off the Embarcadero
Sausalito Departure: Sausalito Ferry Landing, downtown Sausalito at Humboldt and Anchor Streets
Tiburon Departure: Tiburon Ferry Landing, downtown Tiburon off Main Street
What To Expect
A lovely bayside city with hillside homes and a bustling downtown, Sausalito attracts tons of day-trippers who come to browse its galleries and relax by the water, enjoying views of the San Francisco skyline. You can explore its boutique and specialty shops, rent a kayak or bicycle or take a tour of Sausalito’s iconic houseboats. There are also plenty of dining options ranging from Mexican to Italian. Thinking of spending the night? Sausalito has several fine hotels.
Once in town keep an eye out for the Elephant Light Standards. These two concrete elephants stand at the entrance to Vina Del Mar Park and are recastings of original sculptures designed for the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition, held in San Francisco.
Tiburon is a picturesque former railway town perched at the end of a peninsula that juts into San Francisco Bay. It’s best known for its Main Street, home to a selection of wine stores, antique shops and chic galleries. It’s also the jumping-off point for Angel Island State Park, which offers plenty of good hiking.
There’s plenty to do here, from bicycling along Tiburon’s waterfront to exploring the Tiburon Uplands Nature Preserve or Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary. Take in a leisurely meal (own expense) at one of the bayside eateries, or learn about the town’s railroad and maritime history at the Railroad & Ferry Depot Museum. While in town don’t miss Old St Hilary’s, a restored Gothic church constructed of redwood. It’s one of the few Carpenter Gothic churches that haven’t been moved from their original settings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you purchase a round-trip ticket, you can reserve your return trip for another date at no additional cost
- In fall and winter, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. In spring and summer, please arrive at least 25-30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Ferries are wheelchair accessible, though boarding ramps may vary in steepness due to tides. Please advise in Special Requirements at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Wheelchair-accessible restroom facilities are available aboard all ferries, however wheelchair tie-downs are not currently available
- Animals are permitted on the ferries but must be leashed at all times. Owners remain wholly responsible for their animals.
- Children from 0 to 4 years old sail for free
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- OPERATED BY Blue and Gold Fleet
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff