- Admission to the Exploratorium’s popular After Dark Thursday evening event
- Stimulate your senses and learn new things while engaging with hundreds of exhibits and installations
- Admire panoramic views of San Francisco Bay and the Bay Bridge
- Grab a drink (own expense), dance to music, and make new friends at this vibrant and lively intellectual playground
Departure & Return
|Thursday:||06:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
What To Expect
Wander among cutting-edge exhibits that blend art, science, and technology while sipping on cocktails (own expense). After Dark crowds also seem to be as diverse as the installations, speakers, and performances that vary from week to week.
The museum's individual galleries include Gallery 1, which showcases and explores human behavior, Gallery 5—where you can explore winds, tides, and natural phenomena—, and Gallery 3, whose exhibits revolve around experimentation with light, mirrors, and bubbles.
The Exploratorium is an easy walk from the Ferry Building and a short stroll from Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ages 18 years and older only
- Coin-operated lockers are located just past ticketing and the Info desk
- Guide dogs and other certified assistance animals are welcome
- Wheelchair accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs are available for loan, free of charge, at the Info Desk on a first-come first-serve basis
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Complimentary digital museum maps are available in English, Spanish, French, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Tagalog.
- Masks are required for all visitors 2+. Vaccines recommended.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Exploratorium
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas