1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Chocolate fans—this is the one for you! Rather than simply buying chocolate from a shop in York, this experience allows you to learn how to make your own chocolate bar from scratch. Learn special techniques used by chocolatiers—such as how to temper chocolate, and experiment with different flavor combinations too. At the end of the lesson, enjoy the perk of being able to take your chocolate bar away with you.
- Enjoy a hands-on chocolate making lesson in York
- Learn specialist skills—such as how to temper chocolate
- Find out fun facts about the origins of cocoa and ingredients used
- Taste what you make—you can take a chocolate bar home with you
Saved to wishlist!
Design your own chocolate bar with our single origin chocolates.
200g Chocolate Bar to take home to enjoy!
Departure & Return
10 Castlegate , 10 Castlegate, York YO1 9RG, UKThis activity will end right where it started.
The York Cocoa Works is located on Castlegate, York, YO1 9RN
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 18 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY York Cocoa Works
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Chocolate Bar Making Workshop - York Cocoa Works?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Chocolate Bar Making Workshop - York Cocoa Works?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Chocolate Bar Making Workshop - York Cocoa Works?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chocolate Bar Making Workshop - York Cocoa Works?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 313944P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Treasurer's HouseYork BreweryYork Cold War BunkerYorkshire Museum of FarmingMerchant Adventurers' HallClifford's TowerJorvik DigYork Army MuseumYork DungeonHenry VII Experience at Micklegate BarNorth Yorkshire Moors RailwayYork MazeBarley HallMansion HouseYork's Chocolate StoryFairfax HouseYork Castle MuseumJorvik Viking CentreGoddards House and GardenYorkshire Museum