Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided private walking tour of York
- Customize your own sightseeing walk around your interests
- Learn about York’s history and architecture
- See top attractions such as York Minster, St. Mary’s Abbey, and Clifford’s Tower
- Soak up the historical atmosphere and discover famous and tucked-away gems
- Undivided attention from a private guide throughout
- Entrance fees not included
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide at 49 Stonegate outside a shop called Links of London.
What To Expect
Then, set off into the history-infused streets, hearing about York’s Roman, Anglo Saxon, Viking, and Norman history. Whatever you choose to see, your guide will proffer interesting background on the sights that’s illuminating and enjoyable.
Perhaps visit York Minster, one of the world’s most stunning Gothic cathedrals, and admire Clifford’s Tower, the last remnant of York Castle. Alternatively, just meander through the timeworn cobbled streets, stopping to see and learn about landmarks like the City Gates, 16th-century St. William’s College, and St. Mary’s Abbey, the ruins of one England’s wealthiest medieval Benedictine monasteries.
You may want to dip into York Castle Museum or the Yorkshire Museum, or call at the Jorvik Viking Centre to learn about 9th-century Viking life. Many guides are also involved with York University, so if you wish, can provide you with insight into the university’s workings and history.
After two hours, your tour concludes in the city center when your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Footprints Tours Limited
Learn more about cancellations.